This is James Reynolds' personal website (not really a blog). You'll find lots of random sysadmin and dev stuff and stuff from my life.
Please see the menus for content.
What I'm currently pushing
- Mak.py - Mac Army Knife. Tool for system administrators to quickly and easily hack a Mac. Watch a presentation (2018.02.21).
- plcat - Super simple crutch to print binary plist files.
- textart - Converts images to html or terminal text.
Not really what I hoped to be famous, but "What is /var/folders" seems to be the most popular page here (althought it's a bit old now).
2020-05-11 - Site updated
After years of neglecting this website I've finally put some effort into fixing the navigation, broken links, markdown content that didn't convert to html, and making it easier to update.
2017-02-08 - Raspbery Pi's and APC UPS'es
I use Raspberry Pi's to monitor the status of my APC UPS'es. Here's how I set them up.
U of U Mac Managers
I regularly present at the University of Utah Mac Managers meetings. Here is a list of the latest presentations.
- Electron.js and the Browser Wars (2020.06.17)
- DIY HID (2020.02.19)
- SAINTCON 2019 (2019.11.20)
- Replacing NetBoot (2019.03.20)
- VMware ESXi, Mac & macOS (2018.09.18)
I can also be found at:
Published: sometime early 1996, last edited: 2020-06-05
Copyright 2020 James Reynolds