This is James Reynolds' personal website (not really a blog). You'll find lots of random sysadmin and dev stuff and stuff from my life.
Please see the menus for content.
My Main Github repos
- jctl and python-jamf - Turn 1000 clicks into 1 by automating Jamf tasks via the API and Python.
- fcos_portainer_fw - Files to set up Fedora CoreOS, Portainer, and a host firewall.
- dockerfiles - My Jamf and FreeOrion server dockerfiles
- dotfiles - How I set up my computers.
- courses-frontend and courses-backend - An Angular app I wrote for the School of Biological Sciences.
- DigitalDisplay - Theme that turns Wordpress into a web kiosk for a digital display.
- Mak.py - Mac Army Knife. Tool for system administrators to quickly and easily hack a Mac. Watch a presentation (2018.02.21).
- plcat - Super simple crutch to print binary plist files on macOS.
- textart - Converts images to html or terminal text.
2021-12-02 - AutoPkg Notes
These are my AutoPkg notes.
2021-12-02 - Turn 1000 clicks into 1 with python-jamf and jctl
python-jamf and jctl JNUC 2021 presentation
2020-05-11 - Site updated
After years of neglecting this website I've finally put some effort into fixing the navigation, broken links, markdown content that didn't convert to html, and making it easier to update.
2017-02-08 - Raspbery Pi's and APC UPS'es
I use Raspberry Pi's to monitor the status of my APC UPS'es. Here's how I set them up.
U of U Mac Managers
I regularly present at the University of Utah Mac Managers meetings. Here is a list of the latest presentations.
- Docker for Beginners (2021.02.17)
- Electron.js and the Browser Wars (2020.06.17)
- DIY HID (2020.02.19)
- SAINTCON 2019 (2019.11.20)
- Replacing NetBoot (2019.03.20)
- VMware ESXi, Mac & macOS (2018.09.18)
Not really what I hoped to be famous, but "What is /var/folders" seems to be the most popular page here (althought it's a bit old now).
I can also be found at:
Published: sometime early 1996, last edited: 2021-12-02
Copyright 2020 James Reynolds